Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Simple Cheese and Corn Muffins
These muffins are sooo simple and very kid friendly - my almost 17 month old daughter helped me to make them and loves eating them.
Cheese and Corn Muffins
Source: Internet www.bellybelly.com forums
1 tin of creamed corn (i used 425g Golden Circle creamed corn)
1 tin of self raising flour (use the empty tin that the creamed corn came in to measure)
1 tin of grated cheddar cheese.
Splash of milk if needed.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together. Add a splash of milk if the mixture looks too dry.
3. Spoon mixture into a greased 12 cup muffin tin.
4. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool slightly before removing.
These are yummy served hot, with butter... but are equally as yum served cold as a snack. (Little B munched on one cold as a snack while we went shopping).
I can see this recipe being open to lots of variations
- to boost the vegetable intake - I plan to add zucchini and capsicum or carrot next time I make it. Or for something more gourmet - sundried tomatoes.
- just as a different flavour, add some parmesan or feta cheese.
- or just for some colour add some herbs like parsley or chives.
- add some ham, bacon or cooked chicken for a bit of protein and make it an all in one savoury muffin.