Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dinner With Our Friends Koh and Vinnie

We had friends over for dinner on Friday... our menu went a little like this -

Entree
I used my new Maxwell Williams "Romance" 2 tiered stand (which looks like this) to present a casual, shared array of nibbles ... on the top layer, I arranged a simple antipasto of prosciutto, sundried tomatos, kalamata olives and baby bococcini cheese. On the bottom layer, we had lightly toasted turkish bread which had been cut into fingers and a garlic clove run over the hot surface and then lightly drizzled with olive oil and pan-fried prawn skewers (8 skewers, with 2 prawns (with their tails on) per skewer) which had marinaded in garlic, spring onion and chilli oil. I should have taken a photo, but I forgot... it looked really cool.

Main
I found this fabulous recipe on http://www.taste.com.au (one of my fave recipe sites) for a lemon, zucchini and chicken pasta. I'd never made it before, but the flavours really appealed to me and seemed light and refreshing... and luckily, my hunch was right... it was a lovely fresh flavoured pasta. Highly recommend it... it's pretty quick to throw together and the only thing I changed was to go 3/4 butter, 1/4 olive oil... and sprinkle some toasted pine nuts in just before serving.

Dessert
I made chocolate fondant based on a recipe from the latest delicious magazine (it's actually on the front cover). However, Phan had forgotten to tell me that our guests were bringing dessert, so we had what they had brought (a fabulous array of pastries from a high end bakery chain here called "French Twist")... So Phan and I had the chocolate fondants for dessert the following day.... and they were yummy... lovely cakey texture on the outside, moist and gooey on the inside... served with vanilla icecream... it was a sublime combination.

No comments: